I started this blog on February 1, 2016, with the intention to become a two income household as a single mom. I know it will take some time to meet this goal, but I’m going to keep on trying! It’s important to critique efforts to make sure you are achieving the best outcomes. So, I’m doing a 1st quarter assessment of what’s been working and what hasn’t.
- I love crafting little penguins. The plushies have been my favorite so far. I have parts to create seven plushies!
I also love how the magnets look. I have a ton of magnet supplies ready to go.
- Taking pics of penguins and posting them on Instagram and the blog is a lot of fun. Interacting with the people I follow and seeing all their cute penguin pics is nice. Penguins in tha house is awesome. I get to catalog how many penguins I have. Maybe I’ll catch up to the World Record someday. Goals!
- How could I not love watching TV shows and looking for penguins? Penguins on the Set is a ton of fun! I get to watch a bunch of different shows and hunt for penguins at the same time! Yay!
- A few of the crafts I tried and didn’t do it for me or were fails
- Wax Paper Transfers – aka wall hangings – They were fun to do, but they need work to look more polished. I am going to have to think about these and if I want to keep doing them. I do have a ton of sawtooth hangers that I bought to put on the back of them. I don’t like to see things go to waste.
- Wire Sculpture – I tried to expand on Cody’s love of wire creations. I haven’t worked with wire before and I don’t think I want to. It’s just not my thing.
- Shrinky-dink keychains – The ones I have on Etsy turned out ok. There were so many that didn’t bake right, though. I don’t know if it’s worth the time and waste of money for the fails.
- Writing, creating, and watching all these shows is time-consuming. I have a full-time job and a teenage son at home. So when I get home from said full-time gig I have to make dinner and clean house and what-not.
- Growing my audience. I don’t know what I’m doing here y’all. I have a great amount of page likes on Facebook. I have an awesome number of followers on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest. I just don’t know what to do to get my stuff circulated more. I want more penguin followers!!
- I’m going to continue making plushies and magnets. I’m going to give the wax paper transfers and shrinky-dinks one more try. I will continue to list those handmade items in my Etsy store. I had three sales in three months! Hey, it’s better than no sales! I’m going to share my penguin photos on Society6. I found this service over the weekend and it is so cool! Artists from around the world submit their work to the site. Society6 then produces and fulfills the orders. My inner geek had a blast resizing photos in Photoshop. There are so many different sizes to fit all the various goods. Check it out and let me know what you think!
- The editorial calendar is going to stay in place. I’m going to do my writing and research on the weekends. All features will remain!
- Penguin of the Week
- Penguins in tha House
- Penguins on the Set
- Penguins in the Wild
- Things you can do to help
- Share, retweet, like!! – You never know who else you know that may like penguins! Who doesn’t like penguins?
- Subscribe to the blog! You’ll never miss a post again!
- Feedback – Let me know what you like and don’t like about my blog! I’m always open to change!
- Submit penguins! Send me your penguin pics! I will feature you on the blog! Yay!
Have a great week!